The captain of Next Generation's Ship
Reana Rossouw is the owner of Next Generation Consultants, a leading Management Consulting Firm with a wealth of experience in the sustainable and business development environments.
Reana is an alumnus of the University of Stellenbosch Business School. She has more than 30 years’ experience in business management at senior executive and director level. Reana’s expertise lies in creating and implementing strategies and brands for innovation, growth and sustainability. She has worked in several industry sectors including donor/philanthropy and grantmaking, Information and Communication Technology, Mobile and Internet communications, financial services, mining, agriculture, manufacturing, retail and media.
Reana is a regular speaker at national and international conferences and have delivered various papers on her fields of expertise. She is also the author of three books, and annually publishes Africa’s research report on the future and impact of the social development and investment sectors.
In recognition of her ground-breaking work in this arena; Reana is regarded as a visionary and one of Africa’s leading experts in the areas of socio-economic development and impact management and measurement. Not only has she been published extensively, but she has also received several nominations and awards.
Over the past decade, Reana has developed Africa’s first impact assessment methodology, the Investment Impact Index™, which measures the impact and return on investment of social and impact investment. This methodology is now applied across the continent by social and impact investors, donors and grantmakers.
Reana’s accomplishments include:
- In 2010 and 2011 Reana Rossouw was nominated and a finalist in the Shoprite Checkers Women of the Year Competition (Business Category)
- Winner of the South African Council for Businesswomen of the Year Competition 2009 (Small Business Category)
- Winner of the Top 100 Most Influential Women in Business and Government in South Africa and the SADC Region - (2013) (CEO Magazine)
- In 2013 Reana Rossouw was nominated for the Businesswomen’s Association of South Africa’s Top 100 Women Business Awards – in the categories Women Owned Business of the Year Award and top Female Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- In 2014 Reana Rossouw was the winner of the Top 20 Most Influential Women in Business and Government in Africa. She represents the SME Sector, the Gauteng Region and the SADC regions with this prestigious award.
Under her leadership Next Generation also received the following awards:
- Nominated for the South African Best Company SMME Awards – African Growth Institute (2007-2015)
- Nominated for the Most Empowered South African Companies – Topco (2014 and 2015)
- Next Generation Consultants was nominated by Impumelelo Magazine as a Leader in the African Transformation and Empowerment Awards (2015)
- Nominated for the Global Women Leadership Achievement Awards (India) in 2016
- Nominated for 2017 South African Business Awards by Global Media in 2017