What we do
We help our clients to:
- differentiate their organisations through best practice research, engagement, strategy development and performance management activities
- effectively navigate and enhance sustainable development through a process of social innovation
- strengthen their ability to address persistent, complex and challenging social issues
- create new shared value as well as social capital
- develop strategies that support, advance and strengthen their business
We focus on social innovation, a model of innovation looking to address the most pressing economic, social and environmental challenges in a way that contributes to the success of both the business, the environment and the communities in which it operates.
We create shared value for all stakeholders that can be measured in a collective, comprehensive and integrated way.
Our approach to social innovation
The value of social innovation is that it can shed old patterns of isolation, paternalism and antagonism, and strive to understand, embrace and leverage cross-sector dynamics to find new ways of creating social value.
Social innovation seeks to deliver beneficial outcomes that directly address societal challenges like climate change, inequalities and poverty, labour market and employment issues, gaps in healthcare and education systems, and demographic issues like aging and migration.
Social innovation is the best construct for understanding – and producing – lasting social change. For Next Generation, social innovation means: A solution to social problems that is more effective, efficient, sustainable or just than existing solutions and for which the value created accrues primarily to society as a whole rather than private individuals or businesses.
A social innovation can be a product, production process, or technology (much like innovation in general), but it can also be a principle, an idea, a piece of legislation, a social movement, an intervention or a combination of these.